the nest - a learning thermostat for your home
Have you heard about the nest thermostat?
I've been hearing about it and reading rave reviews for the last couple months - it's billed as being super easy to use, learns your house's habits within a week, and saves you a lot of money on your electric bill.
It's an interesting concept, and I'm big on both saving energy and saving money.
- Motion-sensing technology lets nest know when you're not home.
- You manually select temperatures as you normally would, and nest learns your habits and gets the house to the right temperature without you having to think about it.
- You tell it what temperature to use when you're not home, and nest automatically knows when you're away and turns up/down accordingly. But unlike your current thermostat, nest will have the house back to your preferred temperature before you get home.
- It connects to your home's wi-fi network, and is then available to adjust from your smartphone. (iphone, ipad, android).
- You can access your nest from online to view reports, history, and change settings.
The nest website shows a real-life example of a couple from Phoenix using nest in their 2,000 sqft home, who cut their energy bill by 23% in the summer and 20% in the winter.
At $249 it's not cheap, but if it could cut my energy bill by 20% it would more than pay for itself in one summer!
Available at Lowe's. 144 Reviews - 5 Stars.
Have you tried the nest yet?