Here are some low-cost ways to increase a home’s curb appeal.
- Clean up beds by weeding and pruning shrubs. Add mulch for a high-end look.
- Invest in pots. A couple of attractive ceramic (or ceramic look-alike) pots filled with attractive plants can really make an entrance look classier.
- Install landscape lighting on the path to the front door.
- Replace the mailbox with a newer one and put some nice plantings at its base to dress it up.
Source: Tribune Media Services, Cameron Huddleston (07/26/2009)
And a few thoughts of mine:
- Red deck chairs
- Paint the door a shiny red
- Potted Plants - red & yellow photograph really well for internet display
- New house numbers on the entryway walls