The 2nd Annual "Happening" is happening this Saturday, November 1, 2008, from 10am till 2am.
The event is sponsored by the Downtown Phoenix Partnership in conjunction with the Phoenix Community Alliance, the Mayor's Office, and the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce. The Happening is designed to highlight the growing array of living and entertainment options in the 90-block area that makes up downtown Phoenix.
The event includes a loft and home tour, a pub crawl, the What's Happening Street Expo, the third annual Parade of the Arts and the first It's Happening sweepstakes. Get more detailed information on the Street Expo, pub crawl, Parade of the Arts and sweepstakes here, at the Downtown Phoenix website.
The skinny on the Loft and Home Tour:
- Runs 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Event begins on 5th Street, between Roosevelt and Garfield streets (map below)
- You must check in on 5th between Roos & Garf to get your wristband and tour book
- Free shuttles will run up and down the tour route during the event
- Admission is $8 pre-paid and $10 on the day of the event
- Tickets are available from the Copper Square website ticketing page
Properties on the Tour:
- Century Plaza
- Portland 38
- Portland 2
- Chester Place
- 44 Monroe
- Summit at Copper Square
- 215 E. McKinley
again, logo shamelessly borrowed from the It's Happening website, in order to help promote the event
Get out there Phoenicians, and find out how funky-cool our downtown is becoming!